Compulsory modules in the first semester at the home universities of Fulda/Kassel, Ghent and Cluj-Napoca:
- Introduction to sustainability (common e-learning course offered by all partners)
- Entrepreneurship in the food industry
- Intercultural communication
- Food legislation
- Introduction to supply chain
Elective modules in the first semester at the home universities of Fulda/Kassel, Gent and Cluj-Napoca:
- Food economics
- Applied food science
First semester in details: click here !
The semester jointly offered by the University of Kassel and the University of Applied Sciences in Fulda (Germany) focuses on the sustainable supply chain. It includes the following courses (please click on each course title below to dowload the related course description):
- Food quality management
- Food quality and organic food processing
- Strategic management and operations
- Innovative Product development
- Consumer science and sustainable consumption
The University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Napoca (Romania) offers a semester focused on economics and agribusiness. It includes the following courses (download the course description by clicking on the links below):
- International Agribusiness management
- International Agribusiness Marketing
- International policies and regulations
- Agrifood Economy
The University of Ghent (Belgium) offers a semester focusing on Food technology and microstructure. It is made of the following courses:
- Food Legislation and Patent Law, 3 ECTS
- Food Processing, 7 ECTS
- Sensory analysis, 5 ECTS
- Technology of vegetable products, 5 ECTS
- Packaging Technology, 5 ECTS
- Functional Foods, 5 ECTS
The semester offered at Aarhus University (Denmark) is focused on raw materials and nutrition. It is made of the following courses (please click on each course title below to see the related course description):
- Advanced Molecular Nutrition, 10 ECTS
- Special Nutrition, 10 ECTS
- Raw Material Quality and Food Technology II, 10 ECTS
- Food Structure and Functionality, 5 ECTS
The third semester takes place at ISARA Lyon (France) and will be a comprehensive applied semester enabling students to incorporate transversal and soft skills. They will include group works in strong cooperation with partner industries. The semester is made of two courses:
- Entrepreneurship and sustainable development in food industries, 15 ECTS
- Food processing and managerial innovation, 15 ECTS
ISARA Lyon third semester in details : click here !
The Master’s thesis is made during the 4th and last semester of the SusFoods master programme at the University of Kassel and the University of Applied Sciences in Fulda (Germany), the University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine of Cluj-Napoca (Romania) or ISARA Lyon (France).
It consists of
- an independent project, research and data analysis on a topic related to sustainability in food supply chain.
- a written thesis 70 %, and colloquium (60 min) 30%
The consortium will provide offers of Master’s theses, but students can also find other opportunities if they wish.
The subject is proposed by the students and agreed upon by the supervisors.