Tuition waiver and scholarship

Campus France/ Embassy scholarships

Please check also the Campus France /  French Embassy website of your country and scholarship programs.

Erasmus+ Master Loans

Erasmus+ Master Loans allow students to apply for support for their Master’s studies abroad. Loans will be offered by participating banks and student loan agencies on favourable conditions to mobile students, including better than market interest rates and up to two years to allow graduates to get into a job before beginning repayment.

More information on the Erasmus


Scholarships available in the countries of study

In France: Campus Bourses Grant search engine

Terra Isara Foundation scholarship only for the second year of the programme

Terra Isara Foundation  /!\ only after submitting the application to the program.

The application form is available while applying to the MSc programme.

After consideration of the student situation by the Terra Isara Committee, and according to the funds available and number of applicants, a tuition waiver or scholarship can be offered and may take several forms.

The amount of this tuition waiver or scholarship is subject to change if the student situation does change between year 1 and 2.

Deadline for this Terra ISARA tuition waiver or scholarship: April 4th 

Only a limited amount of tuition waiver or scholarship is available. Isara cannot guarantee that all applicants will receive financial support.

Testimonial of beneficiary of the Terra Isara Grant

During your Master Thesis work (4th semester) *Erasmus+ scholarship Internship (Ulyss scholarship)

Before the start of your Master Thesis work , you’ll have the possibility to apply to the Erasmus+ scholarship Internship (Ulyss scholarship). It is a grant proposed to students completing an internship in a company or a university during their studies.

To apply for this scholarship you will need to meet some requirements:

  • First of all, your internship must have been validated by an agreement and signed by ISARA.
  • If the internship does not take place in a company, you must ask an attestation confirming that your work is not funded by European funds.
  • It must take place in a European country (except in Switzerland).
  • Student cannot benefit from more than 12 months of Erasmus+ scholarship Internship (studies and internship)  within the 2 years of the MSc programme.  
  • According to the amount of the internship allowance, student might not be able to benefit from this scholarship. 
  • You need to have a French or European bank account.

To apply or if you have any doubt about your eligibility do not hesitate to contact the education office. Your situation will be evaluated by the Scholarship Committee and you will be given a feedback as soon as possible.

*French institution

If you take a master thesis work in the 4th semester which is offered by a French institution (even if this work is carried out outside France) then you are eligible to get a salary at a minimum of 550 Euros per month (for 6 months). This is a French law which applies also to foreigners. Several offers are proposed every year by different French institutions, however you may have to be flexible in your choice of topic and geographical area.

Tuition fees and living expenses in the different partner countries

The tuition fees to participate to the two-years Msc course are 5,000 Euro per year. 

You will find below the additional expenses and the average cost of living in the different countries of studies.


Accomodation and Food services

Susfood universities help all international students to find an accomodation which is well-adapted to student life and that will help them succeed in their studies. Students coming to ISARA can ask for a bedroom, a studio or a shared flat in a CROUS residence. ISARA Lyon has a convention with both CROUS residences (public) and private residences nearby.

Advantages ISARA accommodation include:

  • Great studying conditions
  • Furnished accommodations (bed, table, chair, wardrobe, sink)
  • Proximity to the school
  • Utilities are included (water, heating, electricity, Wi-Fi)
  • Access to different events
  • Vending machines for food and drinks

🥐🥖 France

Average monthly budget: Around 650 euros/month

Does not include:

  1. Living expenses (250-400 euros/month), travel expenses, VISA expenses and health insurance
  2. MSA accident insurance which costs 120 euros and only applies when the student is at ISARA
  3. CVEC: Student Life Contribution Tax which costs 92 euros and is mandatory for all students registered in a French institution (even if not physically at ISARA)
  1. Costs of living (housing, restaurants…): CVEC

Health insurance:

Non-European students:

Students must be enrolled in the French General Social Security scheme. All students will be able to register for free at the French Healthcare Scheme to benefit from the basic social healthcare. You must register on the Social security website:

It is a free healthcare system that allows you to benefit from advantages concerning illness, accident, medication (usually free), etc.

European students or non-EU students living in Europe

You are eligible to ask for the European Health Insurance Card at your national health care provider. Note that you will be covered for the same risks as in your home country, therefore you have to check that your insurance is covering the following items: medical costs & hospitalization, civil liability, repatriation, work accidents.

It is important to keep all your receipts to be reimbursed once back in your country.


There is no student hall on Isara campus so CROUS is the institution providing student accommodation.

The price is 197€ – 404€ /month depending on the type of residence (studio, room,shared flat).

There is also the possibility of applying for a housing allowance known as CAF and the amount of aid provided depends on the location of the flat, its surface area and the revenues of the student.

For more details about this follow the link: CVEC

🍕🥘 Italy

Average monthly budget: Depends on the type of accommodation (around 300-350 euros/month), food and beverage but is around 500 to 700 Euros/month

Follow the link below for more information about the costs of living

Health insurance:

Different options are available to keep you covered and insured:

  1. Italian National Health System: 150 euros for a whole year
  2. International health insurance: such as Waitaly: 71 euros for 6 months or 120 euros for a whole year
  3. For more options and clarification check the following website.

Accommodation possibilities:

  1. Student dormitory:
  • Collegio Quartier Novo: Single and double rooms with an average price of 300 euros/month for a single room and 250 euros/month for the latter. Kindly note that this establishment closes during christmas break for a duration of 3 weeks. So students have to either go home in the meantime or find another accommodation.

But students have to reserve as soon as possible since the number of rooms is very limited

  1. Renting a flat: Real estate agency Progetto Casa
  • Assisting agents can speak English or French

=> for more information kindly contact the International office in Cattolica that would assist you further and refer to the following link for additional information:

🍺 🍟 Belgium

Average monthly budget:

Around 600 euros/month with no additional expenses since this is part of an exchange program

Follow the link below for more information about the costs of living (housing, restaurants…)

Health insurance:

The university of Ghent only offers students accident insurance which only covers them in case of personal accidents during university activities, personal accidents on the way from and to university activities and is a civil liability during and through university activities.

So students also need to have another health insurance policy:

  1. Students from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

They are insured by their homeland medical insurance company during their stay in Belgium.

They should ask the insurance company for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

It is advised to register with a Belgian health care fund in order to receive reimbursements of medical expenses immediately in Belgium.

  1. Students from outside the European Economic Area and without a European health insurance card

It is legally mandatory in Belgium to have health insurance.

It is advised to take one directly with a Belgian health fund such as the National Alliance of Christian Mutualities, National Union of Neutral Mutual funds…

To look for all the options available kindly follow that link:

Then make an appointment with one of these funds upon arrival to receive personalized advice concerning health insurance.


  1. University halls: 4 homes available with single rooms plus:
  • Includes a furnished room (sheets and blankets included) private bathroom, refrigerator and a shared kitchen
  • Price: 459 Euros/month
  • For more information follow the link:
  1. Flats: Home Heymans, Home Fabiola or home Astrid which are more suitable and reserved for couples or families – For more informations follow the link: